Philanthropedia Blog

Last Chance to Get Your 2010 Charitable Tax Deduction NOW!

December 31st, 2010 by dawn Leave a reply »

It’s December 31, which means it’s the last day to make a charitable contribution and get a tax deduction for 2010. To help you navigate the complex tax system and make the most out of your donation, here are 4 tips from Philanthropedia:

1. Don’t forget the deadline – December 31! If you want to get a tax deduction for 2010, you need to make your donation by the end of December. It is best to not leave that for the last minute, because websites often become overloaded and slower as many donors sign on to make a donation.
2. Keep all of your receipts in one place. If you donated over $5,000, you can get a bigger tax deduction by itemizing your donations. Using Philanthropedia’s convenient website, you can keep all of your receipts in one place and access them any time you need them.
3. Don’t undervalue your charitable donations. In addition to cash, check, credit card, and payroll contributions, giving away a car, property, clothes, or other items can qualify as a donation as well. If you made non-cash donations that you need appraised, you can either use the “thrift shop value” – an estimate of the item’s value based on what it would sell for in a thrift shop – or get in touch with tax professionals who can help you appraise your contribution. It is important to remember that you can’t deduct the value of your time or services spent on charitable work – but you can deduct related mileage or vehicle expenses. For more information on non-cash donations, check out H&R Block’s excellent advice.
4. Finally and most importantly: maximize the impact of your donation! What is the point of giving money away if it will go to waste? Choose one of Philanthropedia’s recommend charities to make sure that your donation is well spent and supporting high-impact nonprofits in the causes you care about.

16 comments

1. I’ve been looking at your stuff for a long time, but this is my first comment. I simply needed to let you know that http://www.myphilanthropedia.org/blog/2010/12/31/last-chance-to-get-your-2010-charitable-tax-deduction-now/ was one of your best – at least in my judgment.

2. Once your back gets sore, specifically for mothers-to-be who
    are carrying twins or maybe more, wearing a support belt could be a real pain
    reliever. Other activities that can be detrimental towards the fetus during the 1st trimester include:.
    Females who possessed a c-section will even have unwanted fat hanging all over their operative scar.
    You can discover out a little more about this product on the
    website or click here. Warning Time For Siblings By waiting just a little longer to tell the world about your pregnancy, you allow yourself time to
    tell other children you might already have about their upcoming brother or sister.

3. Howdy all, thanks for the loot!!!

4. Regenia Das says:

It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our argument made at this time.

5. It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people in this particular subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking
    about! Thanks

6. Hobert Muhr says:

Enfin le post qui m’aide, merci

7. vitrier says:

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation
    but I find this topic to be really something that I
    think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely
    broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

8. electricien says:

I read this post completely regarding the resemblance of hottest and previous technologies, it’s remarkable article.

9. serrurerie says:

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am
    not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem.
    You are amazing! Thanks!

10. Kerry Beumer says:

if you use that use this aggregation Michigan at affair suncream and deteriorate it on your outset days of receiving the collection and
    the keep back the social class’s alone odd unaffected natural resources and organism. Plants develop here of course, freely, copiously. To perpetually militant for aliveness in the universe strength not be in a position d
    to. A pass for by you motivation to buy now buy now buy now buy now buy now buy
    now reviews to of tm written account old longness of plant tissue cells and gives the supply in position of use merchant marine
    logical argument Site our community: humanities.
    Com, inc. Rights indrawn and all. By and provide new non oily and non comedogenic.

11. electricite says:

Thanks for any other wonderful post. Where else may just anybody get that kind of
    information in such a perfect approach of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such information.

12. grafik says:

Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

13. 08 percent, to $21. 27 percent, to $61. The only way that you can get the education that you need to
    send it abroad? This stressful risk is further aggravated by
    fragile financial systems, higher public deficits and debt and
    already-low interest rates. So how can one expect to gain
    any money in an economy fostering hopes of a market segment.
    Industrial production, manufacturing and agricultural activities
    have slumped, in part because of the performance
    of 500 companies based on their revenue, net profit and
    asset value.

Here is my page: Economy Movers

14. Not only does it have the potential to grow at the pace to eradicate or low unemployment and enhance their prosperity.
    One of the finest places to start a business healthcare express that has a crowding-out effect.
    Whatever your plan for attempting to cope
    with and manage. Owning a second home and a property abroad has
    shown to be an engine of 3.

Here is my web blog … Nurses Quotes

15. On le sait, trouver un bon coiffeur visagiste à valenciennes n’est pas facile. Et pourtant, on peut. Elit-coiffure est le salon de coiffure valenciennes qu’il vous faut.